Grimm’s Fairy Tales
Puss & Boots
1. McLean, Virginia, December 1978, from American Prospects.
2. After A Flash Flood, Rancho Mirage, California 1979, from American Prospects
3. After a Tornado, Grande Isle, Nebraska, June 1980, from American Prospects
4. Coeburn, Virginia, April 1981, from American Prospects
5. Grafton, West Virginia, February 1983, from American Prospects
6. Matanuska Glacier, Matanuska Valley, Alaska, July 1984, from American Prospects
Airline: Style at 30,000 Feet (mini edition) by Keith Lovegrove
Published: August 2013
250 illustrations | 144 pages
Laurence King Publishing, London.
1. Economy class on board a Lufthansa Boeing 747, 1972.
2. Healthy vittles served by KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines), 1920s.
3. In 1949, on board a Pan American Boeing Clipper, women could retire to the powder room on the upper deck before luncheon and dinner.
4. The Boeing 747 first-class ‘Tiger Lounge’ bar. Built as a mock-up in 1972 for a Boeing product-development study, the lounge for first- and business-class passengers was to be situated in the hold with a vertical viewing port in the central table.
5. Belgium’s national carrier promotes a caring message and announces that, ‘You are in good hands with Sabena,’ 1950.
6. Relaxing in a first-class ‘Slumberette’ on board a Lockheed Constellation, early 1950s.
7. According to a spokesman at Southwest Airlines of Texas in 1973, when stewardesses were interviewed for jobs, he started with their legs and worked up to their faces.
8. The New York Midnight Follies alight from a Handley Page HP42 on arrival at Croydon Airport, near London, c.1930.
9. Collectable luggage-label art from the 1920s to the 1950s.